This microalgae is also indicated for Aquaculture.
Taxonomy: Tetraselmis is a unicellular flagellate classified as: Prasinophyta (Phylum); Pyramimonadales (Order); Platymonadaceae (Family); Tetraselmis (Genus).
Morphology: Characterized by their cordiform, elliptical or almost spherical shape with a ranging size from 4 to 8 µm.
- Recommended for zooplankton feeding (Rotifers, Artemia, Copepods). Great food for delicate Copepods. Exceptional for filter feeders as clams, mussels, scallops, oysters and shrimps.
- Ideal sized for many corals and other marine invertebrates. Promotes better coral polyp extension.
- Exceptional source of EPA and linoleic acid. Essential fatty acids for growth and development of aquarium organisms.
- Suitable vitamins profile: A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, nicotinic acid, pantotenic acid and folic acid. Important for the progress of aquarium life.
- Great source of amino acids such as leucine, lysine, arginine. Stimulation of feed intake.
- High concentration of the following pigments: chlorophyll-a, chlorophyll-b, lutein, neoxanthin, violaxanthin, diadinoxanthin, zeaxanthin and β – carotene. Contributes to the colour enhancement of reef organisms.
Tetraselmis is available in the following formulations: