Taxonomy: Isochrysis is a golden marine phytoflagellate classified as: Prymnesiophyta (Phylum); Prymnesiophyceae (Class); Isochrysidales (Order); Isochrysidaceae (Family); Isochrysis (Genus).
Morphology: Cells are spherical with a ranging size from 3 to 6 µm.
- Premium source of DHA. Perfect to enrich zooplankton (Rotifers, Artemia and Copepods). Commonly used for fish larvae, oysters, clams, mussels, scallops and other filter feeders.
- Essential for a good development and growth of marine organisms. Stress resistance improvement.
- Key for aquarium welfare maintenance. Benefits the coral polyp extension.
- Rich in essential vitamins: A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, nicotinic acid, pantotenic acid and folic acid. Essential for marine species.
- Great source of amino acids such as leucine, lysine and alanine. Contributes to a better growth of aquarium inhabitants.
- Most abundant pigments: fucoxanthin, lutein, β – carotene, zeaxanthin, cantaxanthin, chlorophyll-a and chlorophyll-c2. Enhances and brightens the natural colours of any organism kept under artificial environment.
Biochemical composition (dw%): Min crude protein = 40; Min crude fat = 15 and Max ash = 17.
Isochrysis is available in the following formulation: