This microalgae is also indicated for Aquarium.
Taxonomy: Tetraselmis is a unicellular flagellate classified as: Prasinophyta (Phylum); Pyramimonadales (Order); Platymonadaceae (Family); Tetraselmis (Genus).
Morphology: Characterised by their cordiform, elliptical or almost spherical shape with a ranging size from 4 to 8 µm.
- Perfect for live prey (Rotifers, Artemia) and mainly filter feeders (Molluscs and Crustacean larvae). Highly recommended for flatfish larvae when combined with Nannochloropsis and Isochrysis.
- It is an excellent source of EPA and linoleic acid. Essential fatty acids for larvae development and growth performance.
- Adequate vitamins profile: A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, nicotinic acid, pantotenic acid and folic acid. Enhance the success of larvae development.
- Rich in amino acids which stimulate the feed intake in marine animals. Source of arginine, lysine and leucine essential for peneiad shrimp growth performance.
- High concentration of following pigments: chlorophyll-a, chlorophyll-b, lutein, neoxanthin, violaxanthin, diadinoxanthin, zeaxanthin and β – carotene.
Tetraselmis is available in the following formulations: