Taxonomy: Nannochloropsis is a small unicellular, free-floating green algae classified as: Ochrophyta (Phylum); Eustigmatophyceae (Order); Monodopsidaceae (Family); Nannochoropsis (Genus).
Morphology: It has a diameter of about 2- 4 µm and a spherical shape.
- Perfect for live prey (Rotifers and Artemia), filter feeders (Mollusc and Crustacean larvae) and Green Water technique. Provides a high FCR, being commonly used in standard protocols.
- Source of EPA and ARA. Both crucial for survival and larvae development, improving stress and disease resistance.
- Rich in critical vitamins: C, E, B12 and B1. Improvement of fish development and growth performance. Great source of antioxidants. Decrease of fish abnormalities.
- Important source of amino acids such as arginine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, valine and methionine. Both fundamental on fish growth performance.
- High concentration of following pigments: astaxanthin, zeaxanthin, canthaxanthin and chlorophyll-a.
Biochemical composition (% dw): Min crude protein = 35; Min crude fat = 15 and Max ash = 16.